Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The New Digs



 I finally got around to taking some photos of my "new" apartment (that I moved into over two months ago).  It's a two bedroom townhouse that I found by stalking craigslist for a couple weeks while being a bum and staying at a friend's.  It's on James Island, which is only about a 10 minute drive to my office and  a 5 minute drive to Folly Beach.  For the first few weeks, I was in love with the short drive to work.  As the weather starts getting warmer, I'm getting more excited about being close to the beach.

I'm subleasing, so I'll be at this spot until the end of July.  After that, who knows.  I'll need to figure that out soon, but at this point things are still up in the air.  I have a roommate, but our work schedules are so different that we're almost never home at the same time.  We have a big living room, a small kitchen, and I have my own bathroom (selling point #1), so I can't complain.  It's about 3x as big as some of the places I looked downtown and 100x nicer.

I finally went to the South Carolina DMV the other day and transferred my Michigan registration over to SC...and paid a "you're a lazy ass procrastinator" fee for not showing up within 45 days of moving to the state.  Oh, I also had to pay a tax of $28 on my car just for owning it.  Not to mention the $1,500 that I've had to spend (or borrow from the rents) on fixing my car that is nearing the 150,000 miles mark.  Hopefully she'll last me a few more years before I have to break down and buy a car from Markey...
This is the first time I've lived in a townhouse style place and I'm liking it a lot more than a standard apartment.


Here's the living room (notice the poof chair!).  We have a small patio in the back but there is a treeline about 15 feet from the door, which doesn't leave a lot of room. 
I hung my bird feeder up after a few weeks and have attracted quite a few birds already.  So far I've seen a bunch of different kind sparrows, finches, and a few cardinals. 



So for now, this is home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment